POWDR Sun Country Tours Operations Manager in Bend, Oregon
Delivering memorable experiences, enhancing people's lives and having fun while doing it. This shared mission of Sun Country Tours with both its sister company, Mt. Bachelor, and parent company, POWDR, creates a fun and inspiring culture that we live every day. Our vision drives us to deliver exceptional guest experiences at all touch points, requiring our employees to be natural communicators, problem solvers, and have a passion for sharing outdoor culture - all while having a positive attitude to support "best day" experiences. Sun Country Tours was founded in 1978 as a small, garage-based operation and is now a legacy brand with five-star reviews that serves more than 15,000 guests each season. We have maintained the vibe of a locally owned whitewater rafting business while having the backing of a national outdoor adventure company, and along with Mt. Bachelor, we provide unforgettable, year-round outdoor experiences in one of the country's most sought-after tourism destinations.
We are looking for an experienced recreation manager to guide our rafting operation with precision and good nature. We are seeking a highly trained outdoor recreation professional looking for a challenging, team-leading role with an established outfitter where your contributions create an elevated experience for guests, employees and tourism partners. The Operations Manager oversees a team of guides, drivers and dispatchers and works closely with the sales and reservations department, marketing department and the Mt. Bachelor leadership team to meet collective goals.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Analytically interpret data to identify trends affecting the bottom line and think abstractly to quickly offer solutions.
- Adjust your management style to motivate your team on an individual basis and proactively communicate in a concise, direct and thoughtful way.
- Maintain detail-oriented and extremely organized systems for keeping yourself, your team and resources on track.
- Use and learn software and apps to manage resources, schedules, timelines, projects and equipment as well as to pull data for reporting and analysis.
- Build a strong team who appreciates your good nature, can-do attitude and resourceful attention to solving problems.
- Continue our impeccable reputation with government and environmental agencies for our timely, accurate reporting, responsible practices and forward-thinking ideas.
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications- Minimum of First Aid certification and willingness to obtain Swiftwater Rescue and other high-level safety certifications. CDL preferred.
Technical- Intermediate base of computer operation skills with the foundation to learn new programs. In depth understanding of Microsoft Office, with advanced use of Excel, as well as experience with reservation software.
Additional- Outdoor recreation management experience of at least 3+ years. Guiding experience.
- 3+ years of proven experience managing an outdoor recreation team.
- Excellent communication skills in person, on the phone and in writing.
- A reputation for building respectful, long-term relationships with industry stakeholders.
- Experience managing government-issued outfitter permits including use reporting.
- The ability to both self-direct and work collaboratively.
- An analytical approach to organizing and prioritizing projects to meet deadlines and adjust supply based on demand.
- A calm, non-reactive approach to addressing problems.
- A lead-by-example management style that helps build a cohesive, cooperative team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled