POWDR Public Safety Officer in Bend, Oregon
Mt. Bachelor's Public Safety Officers are responsible for patrolling the base area, protection of property, facilities and assets, providing public safety, loss prevention and intervention, complying with all department policies and procedures, and for providing excellent customer service. Public Safety Officers provide a safe and secure environment for all staff and guests. The Public Safety department works with local law enforcement to assist investigations of theft and property loss. Public Safety Officers ensure compliance with local, state, federal guidelines and DPSST regulations.
Public Safety staff are guest-facing and need to have good mountain knowledge and be able to answer questions from guests.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Model exemplary self-discipline, departmental team work, interdepartmental teamwork, exceptional guest service, professional skills and ethics
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Responsible for the security of Mt. Bachelor employees, guests, property and the secure transportation of goods
- The officer will have good department knowledge and use radio and phone communication with all departments
- Identify and log unusual occurrences as well as other events
Specific Job Skills:
License/Certifications- Able to obtain a Department of Public Safety Standards and Training - Private Security Certification.
Must have a valid Driver's License.
Technical- Understand police terminology and classification of crimes/incidents. Able to accurately report emergencies and incidents to 911. Effective report writing. Able to testify in court.
Physical Capabilities- Able to work in a mountain environment with varying temperatures Able to walk across snow covered surfaces in low light conditions such as at night or during a storm. Shifts include day, swing and graveyard work.
Additional- First Aid, CPR, AED preferred.
Minimum Education- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Minimum time in position- 6 months preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled