Army National Guard Units (Title 32/Title 5) IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK) - Title 32 in Bend, Oregon
This National Guard position is for a IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK) - Title 32, Position Description Number D0259000and is part of the OR DCSIM, National Guard.
This position is a Title 32 Excepted Service - Military position. Oregon National Guard military service is a condition of employment.
Learn more about this agency
As a IT SPECIALIST (NETWORK) - Title 32, GS-2210-12, the purpose of this position is to serve as a project leader for major network projects relating to the Wide Area Network (WAN) and Local Area Network (LAN) systems. The incumbent functions as the technical coordinator or technical specialist on issues relating to the WAN/LAN systems and their integration with the network.
(1) Responsible for ensuring the correct configuration of network devices.
(2) Develops methods and procedures and coordinates corrective action to optimize network performance. Researches, tests and evaluates software packages which provide performance measurements of the WAN.
(3) Develops the standard configuration soware loads for all network devices. Develops benchmarks and performance measurements and evaluation data to manage network servers and data communication devices to support normal and surge workload. Works with technical support personnel in resolving critical problems.
(4) Uses remote management software tools to maintain and update configuration, protocol and user/system files.
(5) Develops and maintains documentation regarding network configuration, operating procedures, necessary to maintain the reliability of the network. Documents how user data is stored and protected on network storage devices.
(6) Coordinates appropriate action to ensure backup processes are completed.
(7) Determines the use of network devices such as servers, workstations, and peripheral devices, and remote access systems.
(8) Responsible for implementation of configuration management plans for complex LANs and WANs with supported elements to include; headquarters staff elements, tenant activities, state government, regional operating activities and national agencies.
(9) Initiates appropriate measures to maintain network security.
(10) Develops plans and procedures for remote installation of applications and upgrades using state of the art software distribution methods.
(11) Oversees the distribution of applications and upgrades ensuring compliance with regulations and copyright laws.
(12) Establishes procedures to maintain accurate records of authorized users of distributed software.
(13) Performs other duties as assigned.
The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- National Guard Membership is required. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Security clearance.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must have valid state drivers license.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- The duties of this job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- Must be able to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- Must be certified IAW DOD 8570.01-M, Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002, Clinger Cohen Act of 1996 IAW current AF and DoD directives.
- Certificate Required: Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level II (within six months of job acceptance).
- Military Grades: Enlisted, Warrant Officer, and Officer in the Oregon Air or Army National Guard.
- Compatible Army Military Assignments: Enlisted MOS - 25; Warrant Officer MOS - 254A, 255A, 255N, 255S; Officer MOS - 25, 53
- Compatible Air Military Assignments: Enlisted AFSC - 3D0X1, 3D0X3, 3D1X2; Officer AFSC - 17DXB
AREAS OS CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 - Current permanent or conditional Title 32 Technicians of the Oregon Air or Army National Guard. Area 2 - Current permanent or conditional Title 5 Employees of the Oregon Air or Army National Guard. Area 3 - Current service members in the Oregon Air or Army National Guard. Area 4 - Individuals in the Active Duty Air Force/Army, AIr Force/Army Reserve or Air/Army National Guard who hold have held the AFSC/MOS. Area 5 - US Citizens eligible to meet the military requirements for membership in the Oregon Air or Army National Guard.
GENERAL and SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your submitted documents will be reviewed for the competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job duty listed above. Within your resume you will need to detail your capabilities. You will need to demonstrate 36 months of experience which has shown experience, education or training that has provided a basic knowledge of data processing functions and general management principles that enabled the applicant to understand the stages required to automate a work process. Experience that approaches techniques and requirements appropriate to an assigned computer applications area or computer specialty area in an organization. Experience planning the sequence of actions necessary to accomplish the assignment where this entailed coordination with others outside the organizational unit and development of project controls. Experience that required adaptations of guidelines or precedents to meet the needs of the assignment. Experience preparing documentation on cost/benefit studies where is involved summarizing the material and organizing it in a logical fashion. Experience managing some or all of a project. Experience, education, or training in analysis of the interrelationship of pertinent components of the system.
A review of your qualifications will be conducted to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are:
- Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for this position.
- Well Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for this position.
- Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this position.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
In order to qualify for this position you must:
- Submit complete resume and other required supporting documentation as necessary.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
Other supporting documents: Cover Letter, DD-214, OF-306, Police Records Check Form DD-369, Resume, SF-50, and Transcript
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
OR DCSIM 1776 Militia Way SE Salem, OR 97301 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
SSG Velasquez, Pedro Business Phone: 503-584-3926 Business Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SSG Chitwood, Edward D. Business Phone: 503-584-3975 Business Email: email@example.com
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/510799100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 09/13/2018 to 10/04/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 12
Salary: $73,375 to $95,388 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time