Copper Mountain Resort IT - Point of Sale Systems Specialist in Bend, Oregon
Primarily responsible for supporting and maintaining Mt Bachelor's and Sun Country Tour's point-of-sale (POS) system(s) alongside the POS Administrator. As a member of the Mt Bachelor IT Team the secondary function for this position will be to assist the team with all aspects of IT including but not limited to end-user support and hardware/software maintenance.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Mt Bachelor and Sun Country Tours product set within the POS systems which include, but are not limited to: product management, discounts, lines of business (LOBs), voucher management, media templates, inventory management, Axess gate programming and other product-related duties.
- Oversee POS system security, ensure user security processes are defined, maintained and adhered.
- Facilitate system testing plans and communicate upgrade schedules.
- Ensure that product management guidelines are met which includes having all product changes properly authorized by respective Directors and Managers and audited by the Accounting Department.
- Maintain the online store(s) through product management, layout design, confirmation letter and receipt verbiage updates.
- Engage in problem reporting, following up as necessary with the POS system vendor to resolve known issues.
- Work with Department Managers and Supervisors to satisfy business needs through POS sales channels.
- Research new ways to utilize the POS system for current and future business needs.
- Engage and Interact with InTouch under the guidance of the POS Administrator.
Though the primary function for this position is POS administration, as a member of the IT team at Mt. Bachelor the following functions will be secondary, but still required:
- Respond to, investigate and potentially resolve non-POS related Helpdesk requests which may include but not be limited to: general hardware and software issues, connectivity problems, printer malfunctions and other computer-related issues.
- Assist with infrastructure improvements such as computer imaging, software installations, cable management and installing other related hardware.
- Creating new network users and managing network permissions.
- Assist with recommending hardware upgrades, working with Vendors to obtain quotes for capital expenditures.
Other duties may be assigned as this job description is an overview of the responsibilities for this position and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. As Mt. Bachelor business requirements evolve, the responsibilities of this position may change.
Specific Job Skills:
- Microsoft Office working knowledge and understanding.
- SQL Relational Database knowledge preferred but not required.
- Point-of-Sale system experience required.
- Industry certifications preferred but not required.
- Must be able to Ski or Snowboard at an Intermediate level.
- Must be able to carry computer equipment weighing approximately 35-50 lbs.
Minimum education required- Associate Degree in an Information Technology or Finance discipline. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
Minimum time in related position- 1-2 years in an Information Technology, Accounting or Business Analyst function.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled