Copper Mountain Resort Food and Beverage Kitchen Foreman - Winter Seasonal in Bend, Oregon
Position Summary: This individual is career oriented, creative, active, and has a wide range of culinary expertise. Owns proper culinary tools. Understands the importance of personal hygiene, safe food handling practices, and advanced culinary skills. Requires minimal supervision and will assist in direction and supervision of lower level cooks. Understands the importance of Standards, Speed, and Quality. Should have the ability to be responsible for a single team of an operation. This employee supports company philosophy, goals, and objectives.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains production schedules for kitchen.
- Maintains records of attendance. Maintains labor costs by cutting staff when it is prudent while still maintaining high quality of service.
- Works with vendors and Chef to develop new product lines and ensure quality of supply chain.
- Orders product and maintains ordering schedule for kitchen.
- Creates specials to utilize product overages and test new items.
- Coordinates with culinary team to develop recipes and menu concepts to meet various target markets.
- Costs out menu items and events.
- Keeps performance logs of direct reporting staff.
- Maintains good repair of work environment by coordinating with facilities and safety personnel.
- Assist in ordering, scheduling, and planning for special events and banquets.
- Communicates with service staff about kitchen operations, product outages, new items and staffing issues.
- Follows prep sheets accurately and with a sense of urgency in order to work assigned station rapidly and cleanly.
- Ability to work multiple stations in an outlet, work off prep list, complete station set up in time allotted, fabricates items to standard during service, and completes prep list for next service period.
- Prepares food to the specifications of the recipes. Reads, understand, and follow recipes and standards.
- Takes responsibility for the product used in their outlet and manages it to assure quality control.
- Oversees and trains lower level cooks in regards to food handling, food labeling, rotation of product, safety and sanitation, and organization of all food areas.
- Responsible for production on own station and co-ordinates with lower rated cooks on their stations (have a high level of kitchen awareness).
- Advises management of anticipated problems.
- Able to read business levels, weather, and react according to demand.
- Completes any reasonable task assigned by supervisor.
- Demonstrate teamwork and co-operation with service staff.
- High quality service for guests and fellow employees with a friendly and cooperative attitude.
- Can handle fast paced, potentially high-pressure environment.
- Will train lower level cooks and staff to safely operate all kitchen equipment.
- Responsible for organization and sanitation of walk-in coolers and freezers using FIFO method.
Specific Job Skills: License/Certifications- OLCC and Oregon Food Handler's Card. Technical- Intermediate computer skills. Knowledge of ordering systems. Microsoft Office. Physical Capabilities- Lifting 50+ pounds and long periods of standing. Additional- Must have a positive attitude. Flexible with hours and days of work. Able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week. A passion for snow sports and the desire to get out on the mountain. Strong leadership, communication and multi-tasking skills. Able to read business levels and direct staff accordingly to demand. Solid understanding of restaurant business operations required. Must understand basic concepts regarding budgets, revenue, labor and COGS.
Education/Related Experience: Minimum education required-High School Diploma or GED.
Minimum time in related position- 5+ years line cook experience required. Formal culinary education recommended.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled