Copper Mountain Resort Food and Beverage Front of House Supervisor - Winter Seasonal in Bend, Oregon
Position Summary: To supervise the everyday business operations with F&B managerial team, responsible for covering manager shifts as needed when manager has days off. Duties include providing leadership and guidance in the development and supervision of staff so as to achieve service levels appropriate for the resort and ensure alignment with corporate goals and objectives. It is important that someone who is self-motivated, enthusiastic, organized, and is a good communicator hold this position. They must be able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Timekeeping Software. This position requires a person who can operate within buying parameters and control profits and losses in set budgetary parameters.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Control expenses. Maintain accountability for actual expenditures within the scope and objective of approved budgets.
- Complete and /or review all reports which include but are not limited to: daily reports, variance reports, monthly inventory, budget and goals and objectives as assigned.
- Fulfill Mt. Bachelor's quality control standards and meet imaging guidelines.
- Maintain a professional relationship with vendors, stay informed of new products and promotions (through food shows and vendors), maintain inventory levels, product review/ordering, and maintain presentable building structure and grounds. Establish levels of guest service which to achieve seasonal goals and non-negotiables.
- Attend managerial meetings (Leadership Excellence Series, Manager's, Food and Beverage, and One on One's). Compile reports to present for restaurant as appropriate.
- Assists with special events and functions according to the banquet event order form for that event.
- Understand Employee Engagement as it relates to Mt Bachelor Staff Culture and work with manager to elevate employee engagement levels.
- Ensure overall quality management of the food and beverage outlet.
- Responsible for supervision of all mountain F&B FOH staff when functioning as Supervisor.
- Maintains positive communication with staff and management. Including but not limited to: daily huddle with all staff, safety huddles twice per week
- Assist in the development and implementation of training program for the all staff. Including but not limited to: Assist in creating and updating the department's employee handbook, assist in creating a bar training handbook and exam, administer menu test for all staff.
- Assist in the tracking of individual employees training performance and maintain proper documentation.
- Utilize the employee performance appraisal process to develop and improve the employee performance. Assist in conducting mid- season and end of season performance appraisals for all staff.
- Responsible for maintaining consistent and fair disciplinary procedures. Is knowledgeable of and able to implement proper security and safety protocols.
- Ensure that the outlet is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations. (includes, but not limited to, local liquor laws, employment laws, OSHA rulings, sanitation standards)
- Assists in the development and implements outlet concept, menu, marketing and advertising plans. Works cooperatively with the manager, chef, director of F&B.
- Ensure that appropriate standards regarding interior environment, atmosphere, and theming are maintained.
Specific Job Skills: License/Certifications- OLCC and Oregon Food Handler's Card.
Technical- RTP POS experience preferred. Basic computer skills required.
Physical Capabilities- Able to stand 6+ hours at a time while using arms and wrists in repetitive motions. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Additional- Must have a positive attitude. Experience with leading teams, guest service and problem solving required. Flexible with hours and days of work. Able to work any hours of the day, any days of the week.
Education/Related Experience: Minimum education required- High School Degree. Prefer year degree in hospitality management, business management, or related field. Basic computer skills involving Microsoft Word, Excel, ADP TimeSaver and FoodTrak Inventory Management are preferred.
Minimum time in related position- 2+ years experience or related industry. 2+ years supervisory/management experience in a food and beverage outlet.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled