Copper Mountain Resort Commissary Baker in Bend, Oregon
Position Summary: Oversees and is responsible for the preparation, baking, and production of baked goods, desserts and specialty products for Mount Bachelor. Research and develop new items as well as re-invent items already in productions.
This is a summer seasonal position, with opportunity to continue into a winter seasonal position.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities:
- Prepare ingredients to specified measurements to bake cookies, muffins, bagels, cakes, croissants, donuts, breads, desserts and other specialty products as needed for the resort.
- Develop and execute dessert menus for restaurants and banquets.
- Fill orders from Food Trak as per quantity and quality standards in a timely manner to be ready for delivery.
- Train staff regarding recipes, portions, procedures and on all equipment.
- Maintain a clean work station, kitchen and storage areas.
- Maintain a temperature log on cooler/freezer.
- Follow and develop recipes, keep them current and update in Food Trak.
- Maintain high standards for health and cleanliness.
- Train staff on safety with the equipment and overall safety within Commissary and restaurant kitchens.
- Hold weekly safety huddles, document and submit to Human Resources department.
- Supervise commissary staff.
- Report any issues in the Commissary to supervisor or building maintenance.
- Maintain waste sheets and enter into Food Trak daily.
- Competent with Food Trak. Place orders and create/edit transfers.
- Actively research and development items. Facilitate new product testing.
- Promote creative and artistic abilities in new product development.
- Accountable for understanding department budget, goals and constraints regarding revenue and labor.
- Perform all closing duties for Commissary as well as Receiving Building.
- Responsible for turning lights off, locking up and setting alarm.
- Educate food and beverage staff on storing, packaging and presentation of baked goods.
- Conduct onsite checks in all f&b outlets to ensure product integrity and appearance of baked goods.
- Responsible for inventory, stocking and product rotation.
- Ensure strong communication between shifts, supervisors, receiving department and f&b staff.
Specific Job Skills: License/Certifications- Oregon Food Handlers Certificate Technical- Be able to adjust recipes for the 6,500' altitude. Physical Capabilities- Able to remain standing for extended periods of time.
Education/Related Experience: Minimum education required- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some culinary school preferred. Minimum time in related position- 3-5 years.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled