Fortive Corporation Manufacturing Equipment Support / Maintenance in Beaverton, Oregon
We believe that cultivating a deeper sense of loyalty and belonging is key to how we attract and retain our best people. By embracing our diverse experiences and views, we are better positioned to deliver results, create innovations that matter, and thrive in today’s changing world. This reality inspires our Inclusion & Diversity vision, We Are More Together, and guides our approach as we all work toward creating great places where our teams work and thrive.
The Equipment Support Technician is responsible for ongoing daily support of wafer probers, laser trimmers, package handlers and test systems, wire bonders and dispensing equipment. This also includes reflow equipment for micro electronics. Duties will range from managing and implementing scheduled periodic maintenance and calibration activities, to being first responder on equipment failures through troubleshooting, repair, vendor interface and management. Performs general maintenance and repair of production & facility equipment; troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and building systems as required to sustain operations.
US Citizen or Green Card holder
5 years technical experience working with electrical systems, electro-mechanical, pneumatics, vacuum pumps, test instrumentation, SMT, BGA, and wire bonding equipment.
• Ability to perform periodic maintenance & calibration activities across a broad range of wafer and package handlers and test equipment
• Direct experience with manufacturing operations in a clean room environment
• Ability to work in a clean room environment Preferred:
• Familiarity with microelectronic components
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment systems (electronic, mechanical, vacuum, pneumatic, etc.) utilizing basic test equipment.
• Ability to read and understand electronic schematics, mechanical drawings, equipment manuals, and basic tooling and fixture design.
• Ability to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication as well as basic math skills, for shift pass down, issue escalation, and equipment documentation.
• Ability to organize and maintain service histories and calibration records on equipment
• Ability to be a first responder on equipment failures in the MFG floor required.
• Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and repair equipment failures required.
• Ability to work with equipment vendors as needed to implement expeditious repair cycles preferred.
• Ability to act with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
• Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
• Direct experience with Equipment Support in a microelectronics environment
• Experience with Teradyne Test Systems, FETTEST BTS, ICTS, and AMX400 class of Test Systems
• Experience with Calibration of equipment standards
• Experience with reflow equipment and dispensing equipment
• Experience with Wafer Probers
• Experience with Aseco, Symtek, and Delta Package Handlers
• Experience with Wafer laser trimming systems
• Experience with Wire bonders. (K & S and ASM and H&K)
• Proven organization and communication ability
• Exceptional failure analysis, troubleshooting and repair capability
• Thorough understanding of hybrid and MCM manufacturing and assembly methods
• Familiarity with ISO17025 and industry related Metrology standards along with ZX540.3
• Familiarity with AS9102 First Article Inspection Requirements
• Repair and maintain production equipment with minimal downtime
Determines best course of action in the timely repair of equipment including consulting and working with equipment manufacturers and internal customers
• Coordinate and perform preventative maintenance schedules on time for production and facility equipment.
• Support installation of new equipment as well as the reconfiguration of existing equipment.
• Identify and implement continuous improvements on equipment and process for reliability and safe operation.
• Demonstrate proficiency with hand tools and electrical testing tools
• Fully engaged and supportive of continuous improvement initiatives which is baseline for our Fortive Business System (FBS) including 5S and Kaizen.
• Conduct all activities and perform all job duties with following strict adherence to established safety procedures and OSHA regulations
When you join Tektronix and Fortive, you will work in an extraordinary team, learning with and from great people, where diversity and inclusion is celebrated. You will have the opportunity to do work that makes a difference in the world. You will be trusted and empowered to contribute in meaningful ways with visibility and accountability. We are obsessed with our customers and have a commitment to transparency, unending learning and growth to accelerate progress and innovation. Join us for the excitement of a startup with a history of success! For You. For Us. For Growth.
This position's primary/essential functions are subject to US Government ITAR compliance requirements under current government contracts. Therefore, all applicants must be either a US Citizen or a holder of a current valid Green Card and must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency via a birth certificate, a current valid green card, unexpired passport, or a naturalization certificate. We encourage applicants to bring such proof to their interview. However, in no case will applicants be allowed to begin their scope of work in this specific position without providing such proof.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
Tektronix is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
"The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a Fortive Company. Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation."
- Fortive Corporation Jobs